Search by Classification
The query-by-classification page enables displaying the classification schemes of the Pascal and Francis databases, visualizing their hierarchy and browsing through codes.
Pascal and Francis Plans
The Pascal classification scheme refers to disciplines related to sciences, technology, biology and medical sciences.
The Francis classification scheme refers to disciplines related to humanities and social sciences.
Some disciplines appear in both classification schemes:
- Information sciences and communication: the related records, with the 001A01* codes in Pascal, appear in Francis under the 790* codes.
- Animal Ethology, Psychology, Psychoanalysis, Psychopathology, Psychiatry, Psychopharmacology: the related records, with the 002A13* (Animal Ethology), 002A26* (Psychology), 002A27* (Psychoanalysis), 002B18* (Psychiatry), 002B02B02, 002B02B03, 002B02B04, 002B02B06 and 002B02B07 (Psychopharmacology) codes in Pascal appear in Francis under the 770* codes.
- Public Health: the related records, with the 002B30* codes in Pascal, appear in Francis under the 760* codes.
- Economy of Energy : the related records, with the 001D06A* codes in Pascal, appear in Francis under the 731* codes.
Browsing Classification Scheme
Clicking on the little icon to the right of the title of a code, opens a page:
- which enables displaying this code (application note)
- which includes links for switching from a code to another, when there are associated codes
Click the magnifying glass to search in the collection the bibliographic records indexed with this classification code.
Detail of a classification code
The page that displays the detail of a classification code enables to see its environment :
- The links with other codes (“See also”), when they are present. The code currently being viewed appears in bold
From this page, it is possible to start a search by the Search button, to find in the collection the bibliographic records indexed with this classification code.